Resale Store Job Summary
The Challenge Mountain Resale Store in Boyne City is looking for a new team member to join its outstanding staff. This position is perfect for a jack of all trades person who wants to work with a non-profit organization that makes a big difference in the lives of many people. The Maintenance-Janitorial position requires a person with a positive attitude and excellent customer service skills. This position is responsible for a wide variety of duties including repairs and cleaning the store so it is well maintained and functional. Being reliable, organized and self-motivated with a keen eye for detail is essential in this job.
- Perform minor facility repairs
- Perform cleaning duties, such as disinfecting, dusting, washing windows, mopping, vacuuming, trash removal, recycling, cleaning bathrooms, etc.
- Complete regular building maintenance tasks, such as replacing light bulbs
- Maintain grounds, including trimming, edging, mowing lawn, collecting trash, snowplowing, shoveling, salting parking lot, etc.
- Oversee maintenance of Challenge Mountain vehicles and equipment
- Accept donations from customer drop offs
- Drive Challenge Mountain box truck to pick up donated furniture, appliances and other household items
- Assist with store displays which include moving large furniture as needed, ex. couches, armoires, dressers & tables
- Transport donated boats and vehicles and oversee any necessary repairs to make the items saleable. Winterize boats if necessary
- Assist at the cash register when needed
- Experience maintaining facilities and equipment
- Physical stamina to handle an 8-hour shift being active and lifting heavy items
- Experience working with hand and electrical tools
- Communication and customer service skills
- Valid driver’s license
- Minimum 24 hours per week up to 40 hours per week.
- Starting wage $15.00/hour. Paid holidays and vacation based on number of hours worked per week
- Submit cover letter and resume/work experience to email@example.com or mail to Challenge Mountain, PO Box 764, Boyne City, MI 49712
To learn more about Challenge Mountain visit challengemtn.org.
Challenge Mountain is a non-profit 501c3 organization.